What Book Lovers With Issues Really Want
December 3, 2017
It’s December, which means the holidays are upon us. It’s time to head to the mall to buy a million perfect gifts.
I’ve got to confess that this whole gift giving thing confuses me. Walt would affirm me here because ONCE I gave him compression socks for Valentine’s Day. (He acts like I’ve done this every single year for the last decade. That’s just not true.)
See, I don’t understand why anybody would want to receive anything other than a really useful piece of gear or the perfect book. (Unless this person travels all the time, then I’m telling you, buy him or her this. Holy moly. It’s awesome.) No one needs another TV, kitchen appliance, throw pillow, or fuzzy pair of slippers; they just don’t.
All that being said, I’d like to make the season that much easier for you. I’d like to share with you the best books you can gift those on your list. I’ve made it super easy for you by giving you the Amazon links. (If you don’t have Amazon prime yet, fix that shit.)
- I’m a pretty intense chick, so I have to go out of my way for a laugh. That’s easy when you read any one of these 10 books that will make you laugh your ass off.
- This last year or two has been all about downsizing. Downsizing involves a pretty big paradigm shift. Without a shift, you wind up exiting the process with ZERO hair on your head. Know someone in this boat? Here are some books you’ll want to read if you’re flirting with downsizing.
- If you were raised in a dysfunctional household, the holidays aren’t always so jolly. If you know anyone who has some issues that need to be ironed out (raises hand) and you don’t want to just come out and say so, well, you can be all passive aggressive and slip them one of these. While you’re at it, you’ll probably want to get a copy for yourself. 10 books you need to read if you were raised by alcoholics.
- If you want to write a book this coming year, then I’d like to save you the $30,000 I dropped in grad school. Order one or all of these for some real insight into the craft of writing and the book building process.
- This here is the best recommended reading list ever. These are the books a few of my clients modeled while they worked on their manuscripts. These are the books that changed their lives, that they gift to others all the time, that they’re reading now. You’re definitely going to find a gem in here.
This is me raising a cup of eggnog your way.
Know anyone who could benefit from this post? Well, it’s the holidays, a time of generosity. Forward it along.